Golf Lessons at Marlay Golf Course
Tigercubs Junior Golf Camps
Tigercubs Junior Golf Camps will be held at Marlay Golf Course during school holidays. The Tigercubs Junior Golf Camps have been operating successfully around Dublin since 2003, introducing thousands of young boys and girls to the game of golf.
The camps at Marlay Golf Course provide a fun yet professional environment for aspiring young golfers to learn the game and hone their skills. The camps are ideal for children between the ages of five and fifteen. Our onsite PGA Golf Professionals provide a broad golf education to participants in an enjoyable environment. The camps are run for 2 hours a day over a four day week and coaching sessions will be focussed on all aspects of the game including.
- • Long game skills
- • Pitching skills
- • Chipping skills
- • Putting skills
- • Coordination skills
- • Rules & etiquette
- • On course play and fun competitions
The first of the Junior Academies will take place over the Easter School Holidays (26th - 29th of April) from 10am to 2.00pm
Price per child is €60 including light lunch.
To book call the Marlay pro shop on 01 406 9745
Participants in the camps can play 9 holes at the end of each day for a reduced rate of €5.
Junior Golf Camp 4 Day Plan
• 10:00am – 12:00pm: Introduction, Safety, Rules, Equipment, Warm Up etc
• 12:00am - 12:45am: Putting- Explanation & Demonstration (Grip, Stance, Posture, Ball Position etc.) Practice in pairs, Pro Moves between pairs giving feedback, Introduce Games (Compass Time, Clock, In JGI Manual)
• 12:45am – 1:00pm: Break
• 1:00am – 1:45pm: Chipping- Explanation & Demonstration(Grip, Stance, Posture, Ball Position etc) Chipping onto green in pairs & Pro gives feedback, Introduce Games (Leapfrog, Bullseye, JGI Manual)
• 1:45pm – 2:00pm: Conclusion and Q&A
• 10:00am – 10:15am: Warm Up & Stretching
• 10:15am – 11:00am: Pitching- Explanation & Demonstration, Practice in Pairs, have a go at pitching towards target while Pro gives feedback, Introduce Game (Hit the Brakes, JGI Manual)
• 11:00am – 11:15am: Break
• 11:15am – 12:00pm: Rules & Etiquette, Talk on Rules & Etiquette, Do multi choice quiz from JGI Website, Conclusion & Q&A
- 12:00pm - 1.00pm: Round of golf (€5 extra)
• 10:00am – 11:15am:Warm Up & Stretching, Full Swing- Explanation & Demonstration (Grip, Stance, Posture, Ball Position, Length of Swing etc) Get experience of hitting golf balls, Technique to be improved on while pro moves between group
• 11:15am – 11:30am: Break
• 11:30am – 12:00pm: More Technical advice on swing, Introduction of game (Heads or Tails, JGI Manual), Conclusion & Q&A
- 12:00pm - 1.00pm: 9 holes of golf (€5 extra)
• 10:00am – 11:00am: Warm Up & Stretching, Full Swing- Review of previous day & Bunker Play, Introduce Game (Beat the Pro)
• 11:00am – 12:00am: 9 Hole Competition for children with prize giving after (Under Supervision of PGA Professionals)
Marlay Golf Course
Situated within the picturesque Marlay Park the "new" Marlay Golf Course is truly spectacular and promises to restore the old course to its former glory. This family friendly facility combines 9 challenging and memorable Par 3 holes with a unique adventure golf course. Combined the facilities are sure to keep the entire family entertained and coming back for more.
The first of its kind in Dublin, the Adventure Golf Course is a fun alternative to the game and perfectly complements the golf course at Marlay. A challenging 9 hole putting experience, the course will test the skills and strategies of even the most experienced golfer. The adventure golf course will provide hours of fun for all the family.